Meet Our Estate Planning Lawyers
Meet Tammi Caress
Principal Owner, Attorney, JD, LL.M.
Born in Portland, Oregon, Tammi grew up mostly in Washington State. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Washington State University before going to Boston’s New England School of Law, where she received her Juris Doctorate. She then earned her LL.M., a legal Master’s degree, in estate planning, at the University of Miami Law School. Tammi is one of but a handful of few trust and estate attorneys in Oregon or Washington with this advanced degree and training.
Tammi has extensive knowledge of special needs and charitable trusts, and estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes. An animal lover, Tammi also assists clients in planning for their pets.
Tammi began her career in estate planning and probate & trust administration in New Mexico, where she practiced trust and estate law for six years before moving home to the Pacific Northwest. When not practicing law, Tammi and her husband enjoy the Northwest’s magnificent outdoors, and take delight in biking, hiking and watching their golden retriever swim in the vast number of lakes and rivers in the area.
PREVIOUS SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- “Tax Practitioner’s Guide to Estate Planning and Probate & Trust Administration,” Oregon Association of Tax Consultants. 2020 & 2017
- “Planning for Special Needs” Morgan Stanley. 2017
- “What Happens When a Client Dies? An overview of trust and probate administration, timing, taxation and fiduciary responsibilities”, NAPFA. 2017
- “How Probate Can Affect your Real Estate Transaction,” Ticor Title. 2015, 2016, 2019
- “Estate Planning Basics and How to Avoid Probate,” Golden Years Real Estate Solutions. 2016
- “Closing the Probate Estate,” National Business Institute. 2015
- “What Seniors (& Those Who Help Them) Should Know About Financial Professionals,” Senior Social Services Network. 2015
- “Probate Pitfalls.” Hewins Financial Service. 2012
- “Estate Planning for Young Adults,” United Way Worldwide. 2010
- “Estate Planning Basics,” National Business Institute. 2010
- “Planning for Real Property in Estate Planning & Administration,” National Business Institute. 2008
- “Estate Planning, Emphasizing Antique Automobiles,” Tumbleweed V-8 Club. 2008